Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Humid, but good

I was glad that I was able to run today for two reasons: I enjoyed the workout, and it meant the fever and stomach bug that hit me Saturday AM had passed.

The temperature was 74F (23C) but the humidity was 90% when I ran my workout today.  Nonetheless, it was good workout which saw me finish about 1:30 minutes faster than the previous one last Thursday.  I was pleased with the workout performance though there is plenty of room for improvement.  I know where my body is at this point, and it is giving me what it can.  As the unwanted weight comes off, I will perform better during workouts.  I know this to be true, but I have put myself behind a HUGE 8-Ball, and will have to be patient where "numbers" are concerned.

I am dieting, also.  We are using the Advocare plan.  My wife and I decided we needed the discipline such a program can provide at this point.  It is working for both of us, and that is all good.  I have a target weight in mind, and it is possible to reach it by year's end.  It will be less than I have weighed in 20 years, so it is ambitious.

Until then, I will keep moving forward, and hope you are able to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment