Friday, June 19, 2015

Heading into vacation

My wife and I head to Santa Fe, New Mexico soon for a week of fun and sightseeing.  Vacation time always challenges exercise time, and this will be no different.  I am going to try to get some fitness activity into each day.

I have not posted since Tuesday.  Wednesday was a rainout for cycling and swimming, but I got back on-track Thursday with another running workout.  The last three running workouts have been very consistent in terms of times and efforts.  No new breakthroughs to report.  I stepped on a stick (about 1.5 inches or 4 cm in diameter) pretty hard last week (I run in Vibram Five-Fingers ELX), and it has created a pain in the left plantar fascia that is not going away quickly.   I have a foot roller which I keep in the freezer, and I have pulled it out for therapy.  We'll see.

Today's workout saw my best cycling time on my 5+ mile quasi-loop, though much of that gain had to do with waiting less time at traffic lights.  I'll take it, since it was finished with less rest (VBG).  I followed the ride up with a swimming workout which lasted 27 minutes.  It felt good to be in the water, and while I have made some gains in swimming form, I still have a lot on which to improve.  When I found the swimming website Enjoy Swimming, I thought I could use that alone as my coach.  I am not sure that will be true, though I will get a few more sessions on my own before deciding that for certain.

Tomorrow sees another run, and I am hoping the plantar fascia in the left foot is cooperative.  I will coax it tonight with some cold roller time.

Keep moving forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment