Thursday, October 1, 2015

The long road back...

I have now run twice this week, with no injury pain in the plantar fascia of the left foot.  The runs were very short, only ~0.5 mile each.  I know I need to ease into running so the PF gets used to the strain, and my whole body needs to ease in as well.  Yeah, I regret ignoring the bicycle the last few weeks.  So far, so good.

I am running 100% barefoot.  This is the most certain way I know to ensure good running form -- for me.  I am getting the PF used to running, and I am re-training my feet to be bare.  I am not concerned about heart rate.  My HR will go beyond 90% until my conditioning returns.  In the meantime, I need to get the whole system used to going again.  I am not quitting, though I know the road back will be long.  I just need to keep at it and make sure I do not hurt myself again.

Keep moving forward...

1 comment: