Monday, September 29, 2014

moving on up...

This morning I did my first 4x2 (or, for the mathematically correct, 2x1) intervals, roughly 200 meters by 100 meters.  I have the workout setup on my Garmin 620, and it buzzes me when an interval ends.

I purposely set out to control my pace, which varied between 9-10 mpm.  The right ankle (the recovering one) sent my brain signals that it was feeling some strain in the last 100 meters of the workout.  I have felt no inflammation post-run (now it is roughly one hour after the run).  I will let speed take care of itself for now, as my cadence did increase to 190 bpm -- clearly still a focal point.  There are a couple of minor tweaks I need to make, based on feedback from my bare feet.

I will fold in a bike ride (I hesitate to call it a 'workout' out of respect for those who can do actual bike workouts) tomorrow.  Establishing the habit of working out 5-6 days a weeks is an integral part of my efforts here.  Over time, of course, these workouts will be greatly extended, but I need to be patient.

Early commute today, as I am driving to one of our offices which is about an hour south of my normal office.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment