Tuesday, September 9, 2014

listen to your body

The title is the number rule for all of us: listen to what your body is telling you.  If you learn to listen well, you will discern the various pains, especially separating the pain of workout strain versus injury pain.

Tonight, some 30+ hours after my first run, I am glad to say I have no pain.  I will not; however, be running a 10K tomorrow.  As Danny Dreyer of Chirunning advocates, 'gradual progress' rules.  It is good to note that none of my injured tendons, which heal much slower than the broken bone, showed any pain or discomfort since the run.  This is encouraging, because as I stated at the beginning of the blog, coming back is uphill all the way.

Proper rest is as important as proper exercise, and I depart to do just that.  Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment